Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statement
- SGS Stanserv is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of our clients and employees, whether on-site or off-site, as this is an integral part of our business operations and success.
- Our safety policy which is based on the principle that accidents do not just occur but rather are caused, may be viewed by some as wasteful in terms of resources and time, but has helped maintain a zero incident recording in our accident book over the years.
- Our policy takes into account others such as visitors, contractors and customers and their contractors when on-site or off-site who may be affected by our activities.
- The policy ensures that our statutory obligations in terms of health, safety and the environment are met, but these are regarded as minimum standards to be exceeded by all SGS Stanserv personnel at all times.
- Measures are taken to ensure that all our employees have adequate and proper training, supervision and instructions on health, safety and the environment for both on-site and off-site operations. However clients are encouraged where ever necessary to identify and notify our team of any hazards or risks associated with their work environment, as well to provide any other necessary information prior to the commencement of work.
- Preventative and protective measures are, implemented following the identification of work related hazards and assessments of the risks associated with them for all work carried out by our team.
- All our employees have an obligation to co-operate with the company in ensuring that this Health, Safety And Environment Policy is implemented effectively and to offer all necessary assistance to ensure the health and safety at work of other employees and stakeholders is guaranteed.
- Our Health, Safety And Environment Policy is continually monitored and updated to reflect any changes in business activities and/or legislative changes. Over and above that the policy is reviewed at least once annually even were no changes have occurred.